Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Poll tax

I voted today in my local city election, and one of the reasons that I did so was to see if they were going to ask me for my ID, which is not required.  After I filled out the voter poll form, they did indeed ask me for my ID.  I said I preferred not to pull such info out of my wallet, and the male poll worker explained that it would be much quicker if I let them swipe my Michigan Driver's License.

borrowed from http://butnowwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/school-poll-results.jpg


I asked, "what are the options?"  and was told that I just needed to fill out the affadavit on the reverse side of the poll form, which I did as required by the nice ladies behind the desk.

I explained that I had been in the military for 20+ years and I did  not want to be swiped if it was not explicitly necessary.  The women typing my name into the computer thought I was funny, and the man wandered off to the other side of the gym, since he was supposed to me manning the scanning machine, not harassing potential voters.....

I voted, I did not have to show my ID, I was happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment